TodayTix provides insider access to last-minute theater tickets in the US and London. We launched in December 2013 in NYC, and have quickly grown to a team of 50 full-time employees. After initial seed capital from top executives in the entertainment and tech industries, we've completed two rounds of financing and are in full-on expansion mode. TodayTix is currently available in 8 cities in the US and London, with many new markets launching in the coming year.
We're seeking highly motivated team members to join us in our mission to broaden access to theater and expand theatergoing audiences worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TodayTix is looking for an experienced freelance motion designer who creates cutting edge motion graphics and animations for both broadcast and web delivery. You will need speed and skill, a natural flair for narrative and storytelling, and an obsessive attention to detail. The ability to utilize animation, production, live action footage, editing and sound design to execute projects is vital. You will be working with our Creative Lead as an integral part of a small production team motivated by the need to deliver high quality content within tight deadlines . You will create and revise design of still frames and storyboards and design visual boards for animation. At times you will need to work independently with minimal direction – at others you will work through the edit process alongside our entire creative team. This is a freelance position in New York City with the possibility of becoming full time.
The role will include:
• Every part of the editing process from logging to assembly, final cut, titles, grading, sound mixing and finishing
• You need to have the right mixture of creative and technical skills, and know how to perform under pressure while being resourceful.
• Keen eye on the details
• Not afraid of budgets
• Have experience and love working cross-functionally
• Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software specifically: Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, and After Effects
• Expert-level experience with Premiere
• Proficient in After Effects
• 1+ years’ experience as a professional motion graphics animator
• A proven track record of creating engaging, shareable social video content
• Must be meticulous, technical, and organized
• A self-starter who is able to prioritize assignments
• Highly creative with a clever, sharp sense of editing
• Experience with online media, mobile, social networks, rich media and digital trends
*Please attach / enclose link to your resume and portfolio with daily, weekly and monthly retainer rates included. Any applications without these documents will not be considered.*